Dear Team Comets!
You are receiving this email because your child has been selected to play on the Wayland TEAM Comets! Currently I am the only coach (Ivo Kirkov). If anyone is interested in become a coach please reach out to me. We are thrilled to have you on the team and we can’t wait to get started! Our goal this season is to further instill a love for the game; good teamwork and sportsmanship; and fundamental soccer skills. Above all else we hope your child will have a fun, positive experience this season.
Here is our team roster:
GAMES AND PRACTICES:
- Our season begins on Saturday, April 10 at 8:30 am at the Middle School
- We will meet every Saturday at the Middle School
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF:
- We will email the team with important updates and reminders. If there is another person you would like us to add to the email distribution list please let us know.
- Please reply to this email so we can confirm that we have a working email address for you.
- Please wear your Wayland-issued soccer jersey. If for some reason you have lost it or it does not fit a new one can be provided for $25. Just email
. For first time players a shirt will be provided on opening day. (For Kindergarteners use: Jerseys will be provided at the field on opening day.)
- Equipment to bring with you every practice and game:
- Size 3 fully inflated soccer ball with your child’s name written on it. (For email to Kindergartners add: For first time kindergarten players a new ball will be provided on opening day.)
- Shin pads and socks that fully cover the shin pad
- Mask, over ears (no gaiters please!)
- Cleats, though optional are a really good thing to wear.
- Water bottle with your child’s name on it
- Orange Duty:
- Due to the pandemic, we will not be bringing oranges to share.
- Inclement Weather Policy:
- We do not cancel soccer solely due to rainy weather. If the fields are not playable, WAYS will cancel intramurals.
- Notification of cancellations due to inclement weather will be posted at www.waylandsoccer.org by 7:30am Saturday mornings
If you need any additional information feel free to reach out to me.