WAYS Intramural Referees Game Procedures (FALL ONLY)
- You may wear your BAYS uniform or a referee shirt and black shorts.
- Arrive at the assigned field 25 minutes before the start of the game with:
Paper and Pencil
Coin for Toss
- Introduce yourself to each coach.
- Ask the coaches to have parents on the other side of the field.
- Inspect the players' equipment:
They must have shin guards or they cannot play.
NO jewelry or watches or casts are allowed on any player.
- Ask for the game ball from the home team coach and inspect it.
- Call for captains and perform the coin toss.
- Blow your whistle for teams to take the field.
- Referee the game - each half is 30 minutes long with 5 minute halftime.
- Blow your whistle to signal the end of each half.
- Remain on the field facing the two teams until the ceremonial handshake is completed then return the game ball.
Receiving Game Assignments and Getting Paid
- To get a game assignment you must have an account and update your availability on RefCenter. For more information on registering and using RefCenter click here.
- In order to get paid, you must submit a game report on RefCenter. You will NOT get paid if a report is not submitted.
Contact the Referee Director, Brud Wright, at 508-358-0114 or