Advanced Skills Clinic for Grades 3-12
The WAYS Advanced Skills Clinic is a program developed in conjunction with PROformance Soccer Academy exclusively for Wayland players in grades 3-12. The age-specific progressive curriculum is designed to be fun and instructional, aimed at developing key technical soccer skills while inspiring a love and enthusiasm for the game. The program will meet for eight sessions (weather permitting) on Thursdays from 4:00 - 5:30pm at Claypit, and consists of both skill work and small sided games.
The PROformance Soccer Academy is the leading soccer training organization in Massachusetts. The training curriculum of all their programs was developed by Miles Alden-Dunn (MLS practice player and professional trainer) and Shalrie Joseph (8 Time MLS All-Star). The curriculum and core philosophies are derived from a combined 40 years of playing, coaching, and learning from some of the most respected clubs and brightest minds from around the world. Unlike other soccer training programs, their main focus is on individual player development, not on team development or tactics. Their goal is to teach players the correct way to execute the fundamental skills, so that they can excel when playing on their teams.
This optional training program is for players who are looking to improve their soccer skills under the guidance of licensed PROformance Soccer Coaches. Enrollment is open to all Wayland players in grades 3-12 who are looking to enhance individual skills by being taught the correct techniques that form the building blocks of all developing soccer players. To participate in this clinic, ALL players must bring and wear properly fitted shin guards.
Key Topics Include: Passing, Dribbling for Possession, Dribbling for Penetration, Dribbling Turns, Passing Turns, Instep Shooting, Inside Foot Shooting, 1v1 Defending.
- Session dates: 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31
- NOTE: cancellations due to inclement weather will not be rescheduled or refunded.
- Who: Boys & Girls in Grades 3 - 12
- Time: 4:00 - 5:30pm Thursdays
- Where: Claypit Hill (Fields 8 and 7)
- Registration: IS required and can be done online here. We will limit enrollment to the first 30 players to keep the coach-to-player ratio to an effective number.
- Cost: $75 per player for eight 90 minute sessions
* While WAYS charges a flat $75 per participant registration fee, the full cost of this program is subsidized by WAYS. There will be no refunds or make-ups for rainouts or field closures.